We will win the culture war – if we understand what it is – and don’t underestimate ourselves. We have reality on our side. That’s a pretty strong advantage. And when we win, everyone wins.
1. The comparison between Black Lives Matter and the Capitol riots is gaslighting 101.
2. Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. showed us how to overcome racism and poverty.
3. President Roosevelt brushed the swamp aside and demonstrated how to defeat fascism and inequality.
4. President Abraham Lincoln created the greatest stimulus package of all time.
5. President Andrew Johnson failed to prosecute Robert E. Lee.
Will we learn from our past successes and failures?
WAKE UP CALL FOR REPUBLICANS The deliberate mass deception campaign you’ve been a part of is a public health crisis. Red flags you should be noticing:
• You seek spaces that only include group members, pushing everyone else away
• You don’t trust anyone other than group “superiors.” Scientists, doctors, respected field experts are not trustworthy.
• Your conversations are primarily focused on your group leaders, or the divine “salvation” available only within your group
• Your group includes Nazis We all share the need to have answers, excuses and ways out of painful situations.
When those needs are exploited to distort your sense of reality and excuse and inspire destructive behavior, it’s time for an intervention.
The Republican budget would give the richest family in America, the Walton family of Wal-Mart, a tax cut of up to $52 billion by repealing the estate tax – a tax that only applies to multi-millionaires and billionaires. But, if you are a lower income senior citizen you may not be able to keep your home warm in the winter because of a cut of about $4 billion to the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
Trump vows to privatize the nation’s air traffic control system and spur $1 trillion in new investment in roads, waterways and other infrastructure. How? By charging us DOUBLE: Once for giving tax breaks to private investors in infrastructure, and then for paying the tolls and fees they’ll charge. It’s another of Trump’s giant scams. Don’t fall for it.
Mike Papantonio, America’s Lawyer (RT America)/Ring of Fire Radio/Law and Disorder. After days of speculation – Donald Trump announced today that he would pull the US out of the Paris Climate Deal. Why is this so-called nationalist president trying to surrender America’s climate leadership role to China?
Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day often get equated, but there is an essential distinction between the two. Veteran’s Day honors all who have served the American military in wars. Memorial Day honors those who’ve perished. It’s an annual reminder that wars have grave human costs, which must be both recognized and minimized.
Those costs are not inevitable. We ought to also set aside time to remember those throughout American history who have tried hardest to reduce them, to prevent unnecessary loss of life both American and foreign: war resisters.
So many of you have asked that I repost “How to Talk to Your Uncle Bob over the Holidays” video, given what’s occurred. The point is civility, on both sides.